Thursday, July 9, 2009

Becoming a Daddy

It is funny how some people come up to me, especially close friends who like to always comment about me becoming a father. Even one of my youth will say, "Paul's going to be a daddy." I have to respond to this with just a big smile with everything flashing before my eyes. I really don't know what to expect. I know that my life is and will forever be changed. I know that God has a great plans for Parker, Kellie, and I. I do have future dreams of what it is going to be like and pray daily that God will be my guide. Do I have some fears? Yes. But it is trusting God with the future that I can have hope and not fear. Fear paralyzes some men, but it is the assurance I rest upon in Scriptures of how to raise up a son in the Lord. For God's truths are proven time and time again through out scripture of what one would become if raised with Godly parents who will teach the Word at a young age. Yes, I am even now before he has ever been born praying for his salvation. As a Christian, my priorities are to devotion to Christ, my lovely wife and child, then to the ministry. I praise God for being able to have the privilege to be a father and raise up a young man to be a mighty warrior of God one day in what ever field Christ calls him to.

1 comment:

  1. You will make a wonderful Dad!! I am so proud of you and PLEASE go order me a pizza!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete