Sunday, February 28, 2010

Locked Up

Recently, the door handle on our bathroom window has been acting up. By that, I mean that it would sometimes get stuck and not open. Around 8:30 this morning I entered the bathroom to get ready for church while Paul left to go prepare for church. Around 9, I tried to get out of the bathroom. And by tried, I mean that I couldn't because I was locked in. No matter how hard I twisted the handle it wouldn't budge. Then, to make matters worse all my jiggling of the handle must have woken Parker who was taking a nap. I felt so helpless. I could hear my baby crying and I couldn't get to him. By then I was starting to panic. There is no window in this bathroom so the door was my only way out. I looked around for anything that I could use to loosen the screws to take the door handle off. I tried pulling out the pins. I knew around 10 o'clock Paul would come looking for me since he would expect me to be at church by then. I just kept waiting to hear those church bells ring. I was very close to trying to break down the door. Then suddenly, I thought about how some criminals use credit cards to break into places. I looked around for something thin but strong. I had some beauty scissors (that's what I call them at least) and I tried to pry back the little tongue thingy part (not sure the technical name). Finally, I got it back far enough to free myself. At least I had a good excuse for why I was late this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment