Monday, August 1, 2011

Warming Up

When you're getting ready to have your first child, your biggest worries are about how to take care of a baby, how I am going to be as I parent, and am I ever going to sleep again. This time around my biggest worry has been how is Parker going to adjust to having a sibling. At first, Parker just ignored her. He didn't want to look at her or talk about her. When Paul, Ellis, and I first got home, let's just say he struggled with his behavior. I think most of it had to do with Paul and me being gone and his fears that we were going to leave again. After he realized that we weren't leaving again, he started getting better. Now, he is more excited about his sister. He likes holding her, and he helps me take care of her. I'm so glad he's finally warming up to having a sibling. I know that as they grow up they will become good friends. P.S. I just can't believe that my little boy will two in four days! My how time flys.

1 comment:

  1. Give them 6 months and I bet Ellis will think the world of Parker and vice versa. Philip and Braewyn are 28 months apart and are BEST FRIENDS today! You're going to have so much fun with the two of them. Congrats! Can't wait to meet her sometime. The state fair? :)
    Kim B.

    ReplyDelete