Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mr. Fix-it to the Rescue

While walking along on plastic railroad ties type thingies that hold in the sand at our local playground, Parker stopped when he came to one that was cracked opened.

Parker: It broke.
Me: Yes it is broken.
Parker: Daddy fix.
Me: Do you think Daddy can fix anything?
Parker: uh huh (with a cute little head nod that made him look like a bobble head doll)

After Paul fixed Parker's overhead light in his room which hadn't been working for months, Parker thinks that Paul can fix anything that is broken. I think it is so sweet that he has that confidence in his Daddy.

It makes me think about my own faith and trust in God, my heavenly father. God certainly has the power and authority to fix any problem I face. Of course, it is not always in my best interest for God to fix all the problems I face and tie them up in a nice, neat package. Problems, trials, difficult situations, and pain all remind me that this world is not my home. When I face troubles, I have to put my complete trust in God for Him to carry me through in a way that brings Him glory. He is my Mr. Fix-it; although most of the time, He is Mr. Fix-me.

2 comments:

  1. Kellie, I love this post about Mr. Fix-it, especially the last sentence. How true! Without spending time in His word, my day is a wreck. Sometimes even when I do spent that time with Jesus, it still go awry and I come to Him throughout the day. So thankful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie, you might want to read my friend Jessie's post about her daughter's low growth rate due to improper nursing and taking in too much air and not enough milk. Jessie (her blog is on my sidebar titled Keep It Together) is a master breastfeeding mom (which you'll find out after reading her post). Maybe something will help you and Ellis. It was great seeing you today. Will be praying for you all to sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete