Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Night Feeding Detox Day 1

At one point in time, Parker slept through the night (6 -7 hours), but recently, ok actually about a couple of months, Parker would wake a couple times in the night. Instead of fixing the problem to begin with, I was lazy and would just nurse him and put him back down. Now, a couple of months later, I'm ready for a full night's sleep, but I know in order to get that we are going to have to endure a little more nights of hardship. Last night was the first night of night feeding detox. I put Parker down at 7 pm and before long he had drifted off to sleep. I'm so glad that I got Parker used to going to sleep on his own when he was little so at least I don't have to fix that problem. At 2 am Parker woke up crying. I didn't go in there, but I would keep peeking in on him to make sure he wasn't stuck in the rails or something like that. After about an hour I went to lay down in the guest bedroom since there is no clock in there. Around 3:40 am I woke up after having a weird dream that Parker had broke the rails on his crib and was crawling around his bedroom and jumping off his bed. I heard nothing. I peeped in, and there he was asleep. Whew! After about an hour and a half, he surrendered. I wish I could end the story here and tell you that I awoke at 7 am to a smiling, happy baby, but that's not the case. When Paul got up at 5:15 am, the squeak of the bathroom door woke up Parker. I didn't go to him this time either. He would cry a few minutes and drift off back to sleep. Then, he would wake and cry a few minutes. This continued until 6:30 when I got him up and put him in the bed with me while he nursed. I was very ready for naptime today so I could also get a nap. He hasn't napped as long as he usually does, but that is to be expected when you don't get a good nights rest. I'm hoping there will be improvement tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment