Wednesday, December 14, 2011

How Did That Happen?

I finally got around to unloading the dishwasher today. Some of the slots were totally void of flatware. For some reason, we used a lot of big and little forks and most were in the dishwasher clean, waiting to be put in their proper place. Some were used after the dishwasher was loaded and were waiting to be loaded, and some had been in that clean load and then pulled out of there to be used because there were no forks in the drawer. I've been trying to be better about unloading the dishwasher after it's finished, but this time I hadn't.
I'll admit it. Sometimes I'm lazy. Sometimes I'm a lousy housekeeper. Sometimes I'm just distracted by nursing a 4 month old while keeping a 2 year old from completely destroying the house. I'm no longer ashamed of that. I read in A.W. Tozer's The Pursuit of God that the only thing I have to be ashamed of is my sin. Since not keeping a house in perfectly pristine order is not a sin, then I can't be ashamed. Anyway, I digress.
As I was saying, the flatware slots were empty of the flatware, but I noticed that in those slots were food crumbs. Yes, food crumbs. Now, someone please tell me how food crumbs get into the slots where I put CLEAN, fresh out of the diswasher flatware? It remains a mystery to me.

1 comment:

  1. Kellie, I'm with you about having an empty silverware drawer. We go from drawer to sink to dishwasher to drawer every day! Thanks for the reminder that not having a pristine house is not a sin but I have to admit that avoiding cleaning it is a sin I struggle with as I want to be a good steward of what the Lord has given me. I will give you hope though in that 4 year from now you will have some very handy dishwasher emptying helpers! Philip empties the silverware basket all by himself while Braewyn passes me the dishes. It works great. In another 4 years, I might not even have to touch a dish other than when cooking or eating! Paradise! Kim

    ReplyDelete