Friday, June 1, 2012

Frugal Friday: Cook Up Some Savings

I love going out to eat. It's fun to eat food that you usually don't make at home. Of course, it's nice to not have to think about what should I make for supper today (although sometimes I have trouble deciding what I want to eat from the menu.) But the best reason I love going out to eat is I don't have to do the cooking and the cleaning!

It's so easy to pick up food to bring home for supper on a busy day or to go out to a restaurant on a lazy day, but if you go out to eat a lot it adds up. So, my Frugal Friday tip is to cook up some savings. I know this is nothing new to you, but sometimes we need a reminder. Cooking at home not only saves you money, but also can benefit your health which can save some money on medical costs. You can control the ingredients you use and choose to cook in a healthier way.
Maybe you don't feel confident in the kitchen. Maybe you don't have a lot of ideas on what to cook. Maybe you don't have a lot of time to prepare a meal. Whatever your excuse is, it can be overcome. Use the internet to find some tips on cooking or some recipes. Check out cookbooks from the library. Chances are someone else has faced the same difficulties and have written a book or a blog about it.

I have to admit that I could help our family save more on food costs if I did some meal planning. After I get back from vacation I'm going to do better on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment