Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Annelise's Name

It took Paul and me a while to decide on Annelise's name. We had narrowed it down to two names, but ultimately we went with Annelise because of the family connection. My mama's name was Anne Paulette but she went by Paulette. Paul's mom's name is Elise. We put them together for Annelise. Her middle name is Mobley (pronounced ma BLEE) which was my mama's maiden name. It also reminds me of my Grandma Bertha, my maternal grandmother. She had such a great influence on my life in so many ways but especially spiritually. She died before I became a Christian, but her faith still had a great impact on me. We love her name and the reminder of her grandmother and great grandmother who are no longer with us and to honor her grandmother who is here with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment