Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Baby = Germaphobic Mama

Although I have always been aware of germs, I have been leaning toward the germaphobic side since Parker was born (and not to mention the swine flu pandemic). Parker and I have been safe in our home so germs from the "outside" haven't been much of an issue until today. I had to take Parker to the doctor because he had a bad diaper rash that had begun to blister. The doctor gave him a prescription so we went to a drug store that also has a little diner in it to get it filled. It was close to lunch time so we killed two birds with one stone. We had just walked into the drug store when this lady who was on her way out walked by and said in a baby voice "let me see that baby". As she said this, I saw her hand reach out toward my 3 week old baby who has not had time to build up an immunity against the germs on her hands. As I saw this, the thought of karate chopping this woman's hand off went through my mind. Luckily, I think the woman took the hint of my body language and the look on my face and walked off without touching my child. I'm seriously thinking about making t-shirts for Parker and me that says something about not touching for when we do have public outings.

No comments:

Post a Comment