Monday, August 3, 2009

This will be the week!

I'm so excited after my doctor's visit today! I was ready to go in and hear, "you're only 1 cm dilated" or something like that. However, I was amazed when the doctor said I was 3 to 4 cm dilated. I guess all the walking around in circles inside my house has made a difference. We went ahead and scheduled an induction for Wednesday, August 5, which is Parker's due date, so that will be the day unless he decides to come between now and then. I tested positive for Strep B so they will have to give me antibiotics when I go in. That's just to make sure my little one doesn't get infected on his journey out. I'm so excited to meet my son and to hold him. I amazed that the time has come. These 9 months have gone by quickly, but yet these past 2 weeks have taken an eternity. I'm praying that all goes well with the delivery. I'm going to try for natural, but I won't be ashamed if I end up getting the epidural. I don't know what to expect so I'm not going to put that kind of pressure on myself. I also pray that everything goes well and healthy for both Parker and me. That is the goal a healthy, safe delivery, and I will do whatever is necessary to achieve that. Well, I'm going to get my "nest" ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment