Sunday, September 27, 2009

I made a Moby!

Parker has been in a "I want to be held mood" lately, and I haven't been able to get hardly any housework done. Since I like things to be clean and in place, this was driving me crazy. The sling I had was not working out for me since Parker has gotten bigger. So, I did a little search on Moby Wraps, and I wanted to try it out. They are kind of expensive, around $40 plus shipping, so I found out how to make one. It's not that hard since it's one long piece of fabric. I just had to hem the raw edges around it. I am a novice when it comes to the sewing machine and had trouble (not sure if it was me or the machine). I ended up making one that looked quite awful and turned out to be too short. I had cut off a half of yard because I thought 6 yards was too long. I have now learned you really do need 6 yards of fabric. But now I have 2 handmade Moby Wraps, one that fits and one that doesn't, for only $9! I'm happy. Parker's happy. Now I can get my house clean.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!! You guys look so cute. Will you drop me an e-mail with the website where you found the sewing instructions?

    Thanks! Lori

    ReplyDelete