Friday, September 18, 2009

What I've Learned So Far

I can't help but think about those commercials "A baby changes everything" when I'm looking at my beautiful boy. It is so true having a baby changes your life completely, of course for the better. I've learned a lot of things in these past 6 weeks and thought I would share some. 1. I really am selfish (sin nature at heart). Taking care of someone who is completely helpless means you have to put yourself aside sometimes. 2.There is no such thing as a "short trip" into the store when you are taking a little one with you. 3. Always carry a diaper bag with you wherever you go, even if it is a "short trip" into the store. 4. You can't spoil a baby. In fact I'm tired of people telling me I will spoil him if I pick him up when he cries. He's an infant. He doesn't know how to manipulate me. All he knows is he has a need and I'm the one to fulfill it. 5. Having a baby makes you fall in love all over again. 6. A messy house is okay as long as you have a happy baby. 7. God really did plan a family to have both a mama and a daddy. I could not do this without Paul. 8. Infant carrier car seats are a pain in the rear (or I should say back) to carry around. It's easier to just carry the baby! 9. Baby swings are a gift straight from heaven. 10. A sleeping baby is more interesting to watch than a tv show. 11. Having a baby makes you loose your memory. 12. Life pre-baby seems like it never existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment