Saturday, September 5, 2009

Raising A One Month Old From a Fathers Perspective

Parker is one month old today. It is amazing how much the little guy has grown in a course of four weeks. As a father who works at church, Chickfila , and fights within himself to find time to be at home, realizes every time he sees his son, he cannot miss out on any time to be with him. I am a father first, a pastor second, and third, work at Chickfila. I can not sacrifice my family for the sake of ministry and work. It is awesome however to know how God always makes a way for being able to live life following the call of Christ. Parker has definitely gotten heavier and more chunky which is a good thing. He has taught his daddy to learn to be more servant hearted toward his mother. Sometime I do try to get out of changing diapers some, and having to hold him all the time, but when your wife comes home and says, " Here, he's yours" means he probably has worn his mother out that day. I know and understand she needs a break and some room to breath, but she does enjoy being a mommy. I enjoy being a daddy, still sometimes don't like being woken up so much late at night but don't mind helping. I however have found ways of connecting to my son. Just changing a diaper should be exciting by making sure I can change him before he would spray me by some chance. I have learned to know it is not Paul and Kellie anymore. When going some where it is how's Parker and mommy first then sometimes am asked how I am doing. Then comes the fun job of when going on vacation away for a few days, you get the fun part of packing. I like to carry the least because you always know with us you are going to be bringing something back. Ah yes, the times when ever you arrive at your place of destination mommy and Parker get out and get inside while Daddy is unloading the care and no more help comes it is just you and the luggage. Any way there are other great things to come. This month has been exciting and fatherhood continues to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment