Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Little Bits of Randomness

I'm absolutely loving this weather. I love the cooler days which means open windows which means lower electricity bill!

I cooked enough potatoes today to feed a small army and only two of us were eating potatoes and one of the two was a one year old whose helping is small. Before I started cutting, I thought that I should go ahead and finish up the bag since there wouldn't be enough left to make an adequate dish. Boy was I wrong. I should have thought about how cutting potatoes multiplies the amount like Jesus taking the 5 loaves and 2 fish to feed the 5000. I guess we will be eating potatoes the rest of this week.

Speaking of multiplying, I think the Dum Dum suckers are multiplying in the candy bucket. I let Parker have a piece of candy after lunch and dinner if he eats a good amount. He really likes Dum Dums, and most of the time that's what he picks. There shouldn't be any left by now, but somehow he keeps pulling one out.

I really like cooking with cast iron. The clean up is the easiest. No washing! Just wipe out with a paper towel until all is clean. If there's a tough spot, just put in a little salt and wipe and it's done! Back in the cabinet it goes. Maybe I should only cook with cast iron.

A lot of times I have thoughts that I run through my head like a Facebook status. I know that's sad, but 9 times out of 10 they never make it on Facebook. I don't want to be one of those people who just put way too much information and blow up everybody's news feed with their every thought or action.

Time is flying by too quickly. In my mind I keep thinking that we have 6 months before we move to New Orleans but it's really more like 3. There is just so much to do. So many things we want to do, people to visit, etc before we move so far away, but time is just ticking away.

Speaking of New Orleans, Paul got his acceptance letter from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary yesterday. So, it's official! I'm so proud of him. This has been something he has wanted to do for a long time and now it's finally happening. I know it's going to be tough, but I'm excited because I know this is what God wants for us. Living for Jesus is sooo not safe or boring!

Well that's enough random thoughts for the moment. I've got to go get busy doing my afternoon chores. Oh what fun! No, really I'm kinda excited about doing them but the reasoning is a whole other post.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment