Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ellis at 13 Months

Ok...so I'm late again on posting the monthly update. So much so that I confused myself about which age, 13 or 14 months, I was supposed to be posting on. You may have noticed that I haven't done a lot of blogging lately. I'm gonna get better. I had been focusing on Paul's mission trip to Peru and then while he was gone, we distracted ourselves from missing him by spending some time in the upstate and then doing some fun activitives around home. Alrighty then, let's get to the subject at hand.

  • Ellis may have struggled with weight before, but she is making up for it now. She is eating like crazy! She will eat and eat until her belly is swole.
  • She finally got her confidence and started walking.
  • Along with this new found confidence, she decided that she should be able to climb Mt. Everest. I thought Parker was bad about climbing when he was little, but Ellis wants to climb everything.
  • Ellis is quite the talker. Me ma (pick me up), cup, ball, I eat are just some. She says all kinds of stuff that you have to listen to catch what she's saying.
  • She loves to play Pat-a-Cake. Before I get to the "throw it in the pan" part, she will throw her hands up and say "throw it."
  • She also loves Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She does the motions to it and will sing "how I." So cute!
  • She has moved up to 18 months clothing. She is finally in the clothing size she should be in! Yay!
  • She wants to explore her world. She wants to be down and walking around.
  • She already has a little rebellious streak in her. When we tell her to stop doing something that she shouldn't, she just smiles and keeps on doing whatever it is. Oh my!
  • She is such a sweet little hugger and kisser. She can just melt your heart unless you a little person. Then she will attack you with hugs as she lays on top of you on the floor. (Poor Perry he experienced this many times when we were in the upstate visiting.)
  • She has a little lovey that she calls baby. She sleeps with it and will carry it around with her.
  • She's so fun to be with. She loves to interact and try to copy what you do.
  • She thinks she's a big kid now. It's like she thinks now that she can walk she can do anything that all the big kids do.
  • Have I mentioned before that she's the most adorable little girl in the whole wide world and I love her so much more than I could ever describe?

No comments:

Post a Comment