Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Girls Just Love to Talk

I've always been told that girls learn to talk before boys, and although I know each child is different, that has been true with my children. Ellis quickly started talking and her vocabulary just keeps expanding. She copys what we say, puts sentences together, and just contantly jibber jabbers all the time. I wanted to record some of what she is saying so when I'm old and she asks me how she talked when she was a baby I can look back here and tell her.

Some of the things she says:
  • baaabee (baby)
  • pay (play)
  • I eat
  • miiilllk -she draws it out like a true southern girl
  • caa-ker (crackers)
  • I unnn... ( I want ....)
  • I unnn dat (I want that)
  • kitty (cat or squirrels or anything small and furry)
  • I wing (I swing)
  • I unn owt (I want out)
  • wa wa (water)
  • choo choo (train)
  • chiiiiyups (chips)- notice the nice southern draw she has
  • no - one of her favs; it's her answer to almost every question
  • mine - another toddler fav
  • ca-car (Parker)
  • ca (car)
  • no (nose)
  • i-ya (eye)
  • eh-r (ear)

She will say more, but that is just what she uses most. I just love when she looks me in the eye and just jibber jabbers away like I know exactly what she's saying or when she has "conversations" with other little kids her age. She is soaking up so much of the world around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment