Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What I've Learned So Far

Life is a learning experience. We are constantly learning. However, when we face big changes, it seems that our learning experience is brought to a whole new level. Because of that, I've been learning a lot of new things and I decided to share some with you.

1. Moving 600 miles is a lot of work and it is very helpful to have wonderful in-laws coming alongside to help. (Thanks Arden and Elise! We couldn't have done it without you.)
2. Even though you get rid of a lot of stuff before you move, you still have too much stuff.
3. Pocket shoe organizers are wonderful little organizers and space saving solutions.
4. Seminary families are wonderful. It is such a great community. When we pulled up with the moving truck, people just came out and started helping unload the moving truck.
5. I'm going to have to learn to love washing dishes. With no dishwasher and little counter space, washing dishes after every meal is a must.
6. Changing timezones even just with one hour difference is not easy especially for little bits.
7. New Orleans may just be the new Seattle. It has rained or been a misty, cloudy day almost every day since we have been here.
8. Waiting in line a while to check out at any store is the norm.
9. I really kind of like living in an apartment. I like being able to hear children playing outside and seeing people walk by.
10. I've never been so excited about getting plastic beads. I'm excited about going to the Mardi Gras parades. I never thought that I would be a part of Mardi Gras in NO, but I've learned that it's not all like what you see on tv.
11. I'm going to have to learn how to drive in city traffic. I still have not braved driving on my own, but since Paul is starting classes in a week, that will soon change.
12. I've learned that when classes start it will be like kissing my husband goodbye until the end of the semester. Please pray for Paul and for us as Paul works, goes to school, and studies and for us as we adjust to having only small amounts of time with him.

I could sit here all night and think of more things that I've learned, but I'm not going to bore you. Thanks everyone for your prayers! I can't put in to words how much it means to us for people to take the time to lift us up in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment