Saturday, November 20, 2010

Our State Fair is a Great State Fair

Back in October, we carried on the Camp family tradition of going to the SC State Fair. Arden took off his usual two weeks of vacation from UPS so he could work with his friends at the fair. I remember the first time I joined the Camp family at the State Fair. I was dating Paul, and he and I met Arden, Elise, Mollie, and Michael outside the state fair grounds. I parked my car and got into their van which was packed full of cakes and other goodies that Elise always makes for their friends. The traffic was bumper to bumper, so Arden gets out of the van with a yellow rain jacket on (it was raining lightly) and a box full of Krispy Kreme doughnuts in his hands and proceeds to walk in front of and stop the traffic to let us in. While we were still in the traffic, Arden walked on to the entrance gate. I will never forget him waving us in like we were an airplane taxing into the gate. That was the first of what is now a yearly tradition for me. This year we got to enjoy the fair with a toddler which makes it a brand new experience. We ate plenty of food (Thanks to Arden's friends at Carousel.), took in all the exibits, petted some animals, rode some rides, and visited with family. We had so much fun that in fact we went both weekends. I took so many pictures that I created a slideshow to share our State Fair experience with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment