Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'm at home, waiting...

I'm ususally a fairly patient person, but not tonight because right now as I type this my baby boy is at the ER with Paul. Parker somehow cut his finger on the door at church. I didn't look at it because I can't hand stuff like that very well, but we knew it was going to need stitches. At first I was going to leave Ellis with my sister and go with them to the ER, but Ellis had been upset the past 2 hours at the Fall Festival at church (I think she was overstimulated, tired, and hungry. She likes nice quiet atmosphere.). I was scared she wouldn't take a bottle well, and I didn't want to leave my sister with a screaming 3 month old who wanted to nurse with no way to take care of that. So, I decided to stay at home with her and Craigan, my brother-in-law, went with Paul. Now, I'm at home...waiting. And to make matters worse, I left my cell phone in the diaper bag in the car. I have no quick, direct way to talk to Paul and find out how my little baby is doing. Thank the Lord Paul has a smartphone, and we finally got internet at home so I could keep in touch with him through FB. It's not as efficient as having my cell phone, but it is better than nothing.
To pass the time, I started looking at thepioneerwoman blog. Now, I'm blogging. All I can think about is that my baby is tired and hurt and probably scared. I know that he is going to be fine. There are far worse things than stitches in a finger. I just want to know every detail of my children's life. I know I sound like one of those helicopter moms. And I know that Paul is the parent to be with the child that has a sliced finger and needs stitches from the ER parent. I'm definately not that parent. Watching nurses squeeze blood out of my child's finger at the doctor's office makes me feel squimish and a little faint.
I could keep rambling now, but for your sake, I'm going to end this post. I'll follow up with another post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment