Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ellis at 4 months

I can't believe it! Ellis is 4 months old!  I promise it's true because she had her 4 month check up yesterday. Here's some little bits you might want to know about her right now. (They change and develop so, no too, quickly.)
  • Her stats: 12 lbs 13 oz; 24.5 in. She's in the 50th percentile for both.
  • She continues to be a good night sleepler. Sometimes a complete 12 hours. Sometimes she wakes up after 9 hours, eats, and goes back to sleep.
  • She's not a good napper, unless she has fallen asleep in her carseat after a trip out somewhere. Then she'll sleep for hours. Otherwise, it's usually about 30 minutes in her crib. I can't complain though because I'd rather her be a good night sleeper if I had to pick.
  • She has started reaching for and grabbing things. She doesn't really try to put them in her mouth though.
  • She has started the beginning process of rolling over. She will turn her body to her side. I feel a little guilty that I don't give her a whole lot of floor time. I would love to spend all her waking moments playing with her on the floor, but...there's a house that needs at least a little attention.
  • She has celebrated her first Halloween although she didn't get dressed up.
  • She has celebrated her first Thanksgiving.
  • She really wants to be able to sit up on her own. She tries to pull her head up when she's sitting in her rocker. She can hold herself for a few moments when she is on my lap.
  • She's definately a mommy's girl. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts because I know the day will quickly come when her daddy will be the one, just like Parker.
  • She loves to watch Parker. He makes her smile and laugh. I can't blame her. He makes me smile and laugh too.
Speaking of Parker, it's 4:30pm, and he is still napping. If I don't go wake him right now, going to bed will be a difficult process tonight. I'm probably too late already.

No comments:

Post a Comment