Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I took the kids outside today to enjoy the beautiful weather. I was standing with my arms crossed looking out admiring the beautiful day while I was praying. All of a sudden I realized Parker was standing beside me with his arms crossed looking the same way I was. He is at the age where he immitates almost everything Paul and I do or say.  It is a priveledge that our child wants to be like us, but that comes with great responsibility.
I want nothing more than for my child to be like Christ, so that means I have to immitate Christ. I have to find joy in acting the way or saying things just like Jesus, in the same manner that Parker finds joy in copying me. In order to be like Christ, I have to know Christ in an intimate way. As parents, we are the greatest influence in our children's lives. So, I must do all I can to point them to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment